Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Developer Diary 7

This last week was a bit strange for the lot of us, I've somehow got the feeling we haven't been to school much at all. We did get some work done though. Rene finally managed to make an awesome walking animation (you go boy!). Lars finished the inventory, which looks awesome. We managed to retrieve our previously lost voice samples (thank goodness, I was starting to fear I'd have to do it all over again). Daryll was working very hard all week (and as usual, making us feel like slackers. Curse you Daryll!) , cleaning up the code.
Robert was primarily Daryll's bitch and happily and diligently  did the tasks that were bestowed upon him.
And me? Well I was sick on Monday, and the next days I spent on literally picking Nathan apart to make him ready for Rene to animate, which made my eyes hurt from concentration! No pain, no gain huh.

Daryll and I have also been busy starting a project for next period. If it were possible, I would have preferred to stay in Quark forever. But sadly, some of us must leave and others will go on an internship, Daryll and me will be the only ones left. Brainstorming for a new project is always a lot of fun though, and I'm hoping that I can do another self started project again, since they're so much more motivating and much more fun than the ones our school offers.

Oh don't worry though, Quark is staying together in other ways. Because we all really really like working with each other (and find each other's presence not unstimulating either) we decided to do a project together outside the boundaries of school. Yes you shall still hear of Quark, our era is long from over!

Okay, back on topic.
Last week, we were also very much looking forward to celebrate Sinterklaas together (Awesome Dutch holiday, google it).
Robert was kind enough to offer his home for this occasion and in a very Quarky fashion we spent almost the entire day on designing a whole game out of it.
It was genuinely awesome, everyone of us brought wrapped presents and the goal of the game was basically to win the presents you wanted to have and to get rid of the ones you didn't. Hilarity and chaos ensued! I found it great fun to see what everyone brought, unpacking the presents was also awesome. Nils for instance, managed to make a baseball bat look like a kite in wrapping paper, kudos to you Nils! I want to thank you guys again for the fun time I've had, there are literally no words to describe this evening in English. 

Greetings, Hanny

No comments:

Post a Comment